2008/9/19 Emanuele Tozzato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> LOL+
> I've been on the list forever, but my questions are often ignored..
> I wonder if it's because of my poor  english

Understandable by me, at least; not a native english speaker.

> or for the stupid questions!

There's no stupid question; just stupid people who doesn't ask.

But, checking in your past messages, I think you must give more
information. I used to be in Rails in early 2006, and left it one day
because had no time to learn. With my knowledge which is not strong at
all, I can understand what are others asking, and probably I can
answer some easy stuff, but that doesn't happen with your questions.

1.- Be sure to put in context on what are you using: Rails version,
plugins you are using and their configuration.
2.- Make sure there's nothing in the net which can answer you. Google
helps a lot before asking on a list.
3.- Once you follow the instructions in Google, if you have doubts,
you must mention which pages you readed.

Wrong way: "Hello, how to translate my interface from a database?"

Good way:

"""
Hello all. I am using Ruby on Rails 2.2 (edge). I am using
internationalization as described in (1). There, in the title
"Populating the translations storage", I found that I can use a
database as a backend for my translation. But this doesn't give me any
example and I don't have more references in Google."

(1) http://www.artweb-design.de/2008/7/18/the-ruby-on-rails-i18n-core-api

Do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
"""

Although more verbose, it's more understandable and shows up you did
research before asking. And don't forget to follow up your answers,
and to publish how did you solve it (or at least a "Thanks, DHH, that
worked!!!"). Next time someone needs to translate, will probably
arrive to the solution you provided => you are helping others the same
way others helped you ;-)

Best regards,

--
Rodrigo Fuentealba