paperclip allows you to use s3 buckets. checkout
http://dev.thoughtbot.com/paperclip/classes/Paperclip/ClassMethods.html#M000004.
dunno why it's not more prominently displayed [in the readme or whatever].
gotta say, paperclip is just plain easy to setup. <3 simplicity.

disclaimer: i've never used attachment_fu but frequently hear people having
problems with configuring it. something i don't really hear with paperclip.
[seriously (joking)... if you can't get paperclip working... you probably
can't get rails up either.]

RSL