> Are you talking about authenticating a users connection to the
> database inside your application?
>
> If so that has nothing todo with the rails database connection. You
> need to lookinto a plugin that will do authentication and
> authorization on the rails application side...
>
> OR
>
> You want to lock down the access that you application has to the
> database?
>
> GRANT SELECT,DROP ON app_production.* TO 'someuser'@'somewhere'
> IDENTIFIED BY 'somepassword';
>
> That gives someuser connecting from host somwhere SELECT and DROP
> access to the app_production database with the password
> somepassword ???
>
> Does that answer your question or am I way off?

I've grant commands setted into database (with GRANT SELECT.......), 3
grant (for 3 user types).
For ex, if you are connetted to myhost.com/admin, you will be prompted
for insert your account information and rails will be connected to
database with "admin" user.. nothing more, nothing less ;) .
I know that this don't sound good, but I can't modify my db.. and db
have grants and views..
If there are some trick to avoid this..

Thank you