Hi all,

With ye olde routes, you could do stuff like:

  map.connect '/foo/:id', :controller => 'bar', :type => 'foo'

but you can't pass arbitrary params into #resources:

  map.resources :foo, :controller => 'bar', :type => 'foo' # bonk!

the :controller key works fine, but :type is just ignored. This would
be very handy for an STI-backed controller I have, to change a url
like "/bar/new?type=foo" to "/foo/new" but still handle it with
BarController.

I've seen a few people ask this question, eg.

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/browse_frm/thread/ab38af850896baeb/384c7c3ef2a9f9cb?lnk=gst&q=params+resources#384c7c3ef2a9f9cb

but no answers. I've tried a bunch of stuff
with :requirements, :as, :path_prefix, and nesting, but all to no
avail. If anyone has any advice, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Ian