I am a newbie of ruby on rails. And I have met a problem with model
association.

I have 2 tables here, one is "item" the other is "brand", when I
create one new item, I want to select one brand from the list.

Here are the models:

class Brand < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :items
end

class Item < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :brand
end

for item/new view
<% form_for(@item) do |f| %>
  <%= f.error_messages %>

    <%= f.label :Brand %><br />
    <%= f.collection_select(:brand, Brand.find(:all), :id, :name,
{:prompt => "please select one brand"}) %>

I can get the list successfully when create the new item, but when I
press the "create" button, I've got the "Brand(#57323960) expected,
got String(#21132310)" AssociationTypeMismatch error

I am not sure why I got the AssociationTypeMismatch error, and how can
I handle this?