On Oct 13, 8:31 pm, Medwedj Potapow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> As first: am a newbie in RoR.
>
> The problem is: I need a modal widow to show some registration fields
> for my site.
>
> There is a main window with a button "Register" on it.
> After pressing the button the user should get a modal window with
> typical fields  name, surname, username, password and so on AND two
> buttons OK and Cancel.
> After filling all the fields or pressing one of the buttons the
> controller should get the answer and all the data filled in.
>
> As an example I got a jquery script opening a modal window. But no
> matter what I try - I cannot get it working in Ruby!! :((( In the
> example it works fine! But not  in Ruby!
>
> In attachment there is the working example. If anyone understands how it
> can be used in Ruby - please help me!
>
> Thanx a lot in advance!
>
> Attachments:http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2807/working_example.zip

Not the fault of Ruby. The example you gave was purely a client-side
scenario, although my bet is that Prototype (which comes with RoR) is
conflicting with jQuery.

You have 3 options:

1. Ditch Prototype and use jQuery instead.

http://erolfornoles.blogspot.com/2008/08/using-jquery-on-rails-in-3-easy-steps.html

2. Make Prototype and jQuery play nice with each other.

http://b.lesseverything.com/2006/12/31/making-jquery-and-prototype-play-nice-in-rails

3. Port your jQuery code to Prototype.