Hello all..
I'm new in Ruby on Rails. I'm doing an application which needs to use
pagination. This is ok. I got to use it and I didn't find any error. But
I've got to put a city names "research" too. That's the problem. The
pagination failed. the variable doesn't take its value. Below it's my
city's list:

Aracaju    Editar  Excluir
Borborema   Editar   Excluir
Brasília   Editar   Excluir
Campinas   Editar   Excluir
Campo Largo   Editar   Excluir
Curitiba   Editar   Excluir
Curralinho   Editar   Excluir
Diadema   Editar   Excluir
Florianópolis   Editar   Excluir
Fortaleza   Editar   Excluir

I want to look for all cities with letter "a". My code find them. But
when I try to go to 2nd page, there is an error:

You might have expected an instance of ActiveRecord::Base.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.[]

My variable doesn't take the "research". Does anybody know what I can do
about that? Thanks a lot..