Any thoughts on why this in environment.rb will cause test:units to
fail?

# Requires for application config (/config/config.yml)
require 'ostruct'
require 'yaml'
config = OpenStruct.new(YAML.load_file("#{RAILS_ROOT}/config/
config.yml"))
env_config = config.send(RAILS_ENV)
config.common.update(env_config) unless env_config.nil?
::AppConfig = OpenStruct.new(config.common)

It fails on:

env_config = config.send(RAILS_ENV)

With:

/home/thomas/src/entropic/config/environment.rb:18:in `test': wrong
number of arguments (ArgumentError)

--for the record, I snagged that bit of code off the web because I
needed a nice way of getting "global" app config stuff in the app;
having no experience with the "right" way of doing that in rails.  For
instance, with "AppConfig.app_version" referencing the corresponding
config.yml section...

--the alternative, I know, is to snazz it up and make a config model,
storing stuff in the db.  so don't hesitate to leave 1995 alone and
drop config.yml and do it in the db. ;)