Thanks Freddy!
Although what I need help is with a different issue. Let me try to
explain better.
The quantity and cost fields are not the problem. The "Total" field
is. This field is to get updated with cost*qty, as and when the user
changes the qty. This is working successfully for me when i have a
record of just one product in the cart. But when i add more products
through an "Add product" ajax link, their respective "Total" fields
dont work.
I understand that i have to index every product i add to the cart in
order for each of them to have an identity. But according to the
Railscast 75, the accepted parameters cannot be processed in a setter
method if the index is included in the array of attributes.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer. Help!