Jamal Soueidan wrote:
> Moving my app from rails 1.2 to rails 2.1, I stuck into this weird
> problem?
>
> X is not missing constant Y.
>
> The problem occurs when I use the join table association.
>
> X.find(1).y
>
> It works in (script/console) but not in browser?
>
> Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Yes! and the really bizarre part of the problem is that the same Rails
version worked OK in WinXP

My problem appeared when I had the following in let's say
legacy_data_models.rb

module LegacyDataBaseStuff
 $olddb = {some_db_options}

 Class OldParentItem < ActiveRecord::Base
 has_many :old_child_items
 establish_connection $olddb
 end

 Class OldChildItem < ActiveRecord::Base
 belongs_to :old_parent_item
 establish_connection $olddb

Then in a rake task to import things from a legacy database I'd open a
parent like so

parent = LegacyDataBaseStuff::OldParentItem.find :all

which works until I'd try

parent.old_child_items

which would give me exactly the error you're getting  "X is not missing
constant Y"

I worked around the problem by taking the models out of the module and
just putting everything in the rake file. Not clean but it did the job
and the job only needed to be done once.

I'd be interested to know how your situation compares

Cheers

John Small