http://github.com/datanoise/actionwebservice/tree/master

This I believe is the latest work going on with SOAP in Rails. As you're
probably discovering Rails has become opinionated on how to do web
services and have chosen REST over SOAP. While this is the right choice,
IMHO, there are times when some of us have to interact with SOAP.
Hopefully there will be a community of developers keeping the above gem
up-to-date, but don't expect that to be the Rails core team.

Hopefully, one day the REST of the world will wake up and realize that
SOAP contains way to much accidental complexity and finally put it to
REST.