Tim McIntyre wrote:
> But "#{release_path}/public/images/users" will still be symlinked to
> "#{shared_path}/users #{release_path}/public/images/users" and the "r"
> option will remove all files in that directory so I would just remove
> the "r" option and you should be OK.  No???

Maybe this makes some more sense:

In the deploy:symlink task (please notice that I just separated the run
commands):

[code]
# This deletes the users folder and contents that has been uploaded to
the server when deployed (this will happen every deploy).
run "rm -rf #{release_path}/public/images/users"
#This reestablishes the users folder but as a symlink to the users
folder in the shared directory
run "ln -nfs #{shared_path}/images #{release_path}/public/images"
[/code]

So every time you deploy, you delete the users folder (that's what the
rm -rf command does) that was uploaded to the latest release and then
you reestablish the symlink (this is what the ln -nfs command does).
Hope that makes sense.

-Tony