On Nov 12, 4:05 am, Pål Bergström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Frederick Cheung wrote:

> >> I could do that, but it's convenient to use /tmp/mysql.sock as other
> >> programs look there first.
>
> > Presumably you can configure mysql to put its socket in /tmp rather
> > than in /opt/...
>
> > Fred
>
> True. But not sure my skills are up to that. Yet another thing to figure
> out :-)
>
> I think I'll try to make a applecsript/shell script that runs at
> startup. I've done something similar before.
>
> Thanks for the help.

Here are a couple of articles I used to help me get Rails & MySql
running on Leopard.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=7cfca6058e0cdd924e57df37ed1be5a7&p=4394679#post4394679

http://hivelogic.com/articles/2008/02/ruby-rails-leopard

hth,