Rob Nichols wrote:

> Is Rails moving to a pure RESTful design? I don't like REST but love
> Rails. I'd hate to think that as Rails develops it will become more
> difficult to use it RESTlessly.

Rob, I couldn't agree more with you. I don't see any advantages on using
restful resources unless one is developing web services or something like.

I myself have written another non-restful scaffold generator in my own
native language for starting up my CRUD controllers. I based myself on the
restful scaffold generator and changed the views, controller and tests to
reflect the good old days Rails used to be.

The non-restful is much simpler than the restful approach with less code
written and much easier to understand, unless one is willing to deliver web
services...

Here is my suggestion: write your own non-restful generator. This is very
simple. Maybe someone maintains a plugin for adding this non-restful
generator. If not, it would be pretty easy to do.

I'll not write it since I already have one for my own language (brazilian
portuguese) and I'm concentrating efforts for contributing to Rails
documentation when I have time and to think in another multi-language views
support when I have time. If it works, I'll write another internationalized
plugin with a different approach than Globalize and GetText, but with lots
of the GetText idea, since I used it a lot for Desktop development and were
satisfied with it. But it is not well designed for views translation. It
was designed for short messages translation, which is common in Desktop
development.

Best regards,

Rodrigo.