Hubert Łępicki wrote:
> Hi Lawrence,
>
> I am not an expert on Windows, and generally - ruby is painfully slow
> in this environment, so you should consider switching to Linux or Mac
> OS if you want to use ruby with comfort in long term, but I think I
> know what's your problem.
>
> Seems to me that InstantRails opens console windows for you, and sets
> some environmental variables, like PATH to make it possible to use
> ruby.
> If you type "irb" in normal console window, you'll get "no such
> command" or similiar, while started from menu - will spawn irb for
> you.
>
> You might need to navigate to your rails project in command line,
> like:
>> cd C:\myprojects\rails\blog
>
> and run console:
>
>> ruby script\console
>
> Please let me know if this helps,
> Hubert
>
> On 25 Pa�, 22:35, "Sal e. Mander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Both yours and the suggestion from Bharat Ruparel are alternatives to my
broken dos window. InstantRails console window is just the irb window
and I can call that directly. I have since learned how to use the
project script/console for project control.

Thank you both for your response and suggestions.

Best regards,
Lawrence