I think your set :repository line is too short.  It needs to reference
the actual directory in the svn repo where your "app" and other rails
files live.  I'm thinking in your case that might be more like:

set :repository, "svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo/mackstar"

or maybe something like:
set :repository, "svn://mackstar.net/mainrepo/mackstar/trunk/dev"

You will need to look at how your project is set up inside the svn repo
to get it right.

jp