Hey All,

I've got a couple of valid-value lists that I would keep as arrays in the
appropriate model.  So for instance:

  class Person < ActiveRecord::Base
    ROLE_NAMES = ['Admin Assistant', 'Programmer', 'Investigator', 'Project
Manager', 'Other']
    # blah blah blah
  end

Now I need to convert this into something the user can add values to.  The 2
options that come to mind are:
  - Make each such array a model in its own right.
  - Make a kind of meta-model that would hold all of these arrays, and use it
to populate all of these arrays at application startup.

I'm most attracted to the second option, but I'm not sure it's going to be much
less work, since I'll probably have to fake out individual CRUD screens for
each array, which seems like it could get weird.

Anybody been down this road?

Thanks!

-Roy

Roy Pardee
Research Analyst/Programmer
Group Health Center For Health Studies (Cancer Research Network)
(206) 287-2078
Google Talk: rpardee