Hi

        I'm looking for a plugin that will take the pain out of constantly
re-implementing a UI 'functionality' (for lack of a better term) that
I'm using often.

        This functionality consists of two select (listboxes) - side by
side.  The one on the left has a list of items that the user can
choose from and then by clicking on a button - move the selected
items from the select list on the left to the select list on the
right.  The user also has the ability to change their mind and move
items from the select list on the right - back to the select list on
the left.   It looks something like this ...

<<inline: twolistboxes.jpg>>

        For what its worth - this UI 'metaphor' used to be used by
tv.yahoo.com when users would select their favorite channels from
their tv lineup.

        One could accomplish the same thing using a set of checkboxes - the
user essentially just checks a checkbox to indicate that they want an
item - analogous to moving it from left to right above.  The problem
with the checkboxes that the above select list boxes address is that
the number of items that the user has to chose from is in the
hundreds, and obviously navigating that many checkboxes is really
cumbersome .

        I've implemented a solution that works well enough - but it really
'feels' like this should be available as a plugin.  So, my question
is simple, does anyone know of any plugin / gem that abstracts some
of the aforementioned list 'behavior'  ?

Thanks
Dave