I'm having a lot of trouble getting going in InstantRails on Windows in
a new development installation.

I should mention that I've installed InstantRails 2.0 on this machine,
and I'm using cygwin over windows for command-line stuff.  The
application was previously started elsewhere, which may have used a
different IR installation, I don't have that information.

So, I get the ruby stuff out of the repository, and change the
database.yml to point to mysql.

At first, I brought up the index of one of my controllers and got a
message which said I had an undefined method 'paginate'.

Well, I'm not sure where that came from ,bu tsure enough, in index
there's a call to list, which tries paginate.

So, I tried to regenerate my scaffold.  I'm not that far into the
application, no big deal if I lose stuff.  I get told that Rails
requires RubyGems >= 0.9.4, and I should do a 'gem update --system'.

Upon trying that, I get:

c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe: No such file or directory --
/cygdrive/c/ruby/bin/gem (LoadError).

I don't understand this, as gem is right there.  I resecured it 755 just
in case ruby is kicked off as a different user.

I think I have this installation hopelessly confused, and I don't really
know where to go from here.  Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thank you.