On Dec 3, 6:18 am, "Simon Macneall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> No, the authenticity_token isn't getting through at all, and I accept that
> the code probably should have never worked as it stands. That said, I
> can't for the life of me figure out how to get the auth token to be
> submitted correctly using the XMLHttpRequest object. We have the token
> floating around (we use it in other jQuery AJAX calls), but because this
> particular code is being called during unload, we need it to be
> synchronous, and the jQuery async:false doesn't appear to work.

Well (I had to look this up since I never use raw XMLHttpRequest) the
parameter to send is the body of the request. When rails gets a text/
plain request it doesn't parse the the request body for parameters
(since you've told it that it's just a big text file). So either you
could make the type not text/plain  (ie application/x-www-form-
urlencoded), and even then you'd want to drop the leading ? in the
body, or you could append it to the url you are requesting (being just
a little bit careful that you glue it on with a & or a ? as
appropriate)

Fred