Hi,
    I am using find method of activerecord in my code. And I am
specifying conditions through hash like below,
conditions = {}
conditions[:deactivated_on] = !nil (conditions[:deactivated_on] = nil
- this works)
@accounts = Account.paginate :page=>params
[:page], :per_page=>20, :order=>"name", :conditions=>conditions

I want all accounts where deactivated_on != NULL.  I could not make
this work with conditions hash. Its working with normal conditions
like ["deactivated_on is not null"]. But I am in need of use it with
hash conditions because of existing code.

With conditions hash no more conditions are allowed except '=' as far
I tried.

Ex:
 age = 18 - could be done with conditions hash
 age <18,age >18 (other than '=') - could not be done with conditions
hash.

Can anyone have clear idea to explain me?

Thanks,
Sadeesh.