Hi Thorsten,

really very helpful ur ideas to me as i am very new to rails and sql.

I HAVE UPDATED MY APPLICATION LIKE BELOW as per ur suggetions:

1)I added this search :map.resources :articles, :collection =>
[:search] in route.rb like below

map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
  #added for search
  map.resources :articles, :collection => [:search]
end
2)i defined a search method in article controller like below:

def search
@articles = Article.find_tagged_with(params[:search])
end

3)i added the below code in idex.html.erb as u said and added a
commond to get a search box for tag entry.

Search: <input type="text" id="search_form" name="search" />

<% form_tag(search_articles_path(), :method => :get) do %>
 <%= label(:search, :tag, "Search:") %><br />
 <input name="search" id="tag" type="text" size="17" value='<%=
session[:search_keys] %>' style="width:123px;" />
 <input type="image" id="bt_zoek" src="/images/search.jpg"
alt="search" style="border:none;"/>
<% end %>

then i trid http://localhost:3000/articles

i am able to see on index page like below list:

Listing articles
Name          Body
Cricket  india vs pak tour  Show Edit Destroy
politics  HM quits            Show Edit Destroy

New article

Search:

from the index page i am able to do show,edit,destory and new article
functionalities and i am getting the search box to enter a tag name.

then my quiries:
1)if i enter some tag name then i press the search button  i m getting
erors like:

ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound in ArticlesController#show
Couldn't find Article with ID=search
RAILS_ROOT: E:/srikanth/InstantRails-2.0-win/rails_apps/blog
RequestParameters:
{"search"=>"fun",
 "x"=>"48",
 "y"=>"18",
 "id"=>"search"}

2)if the search isable to do searching  then the reasult shoud be list
out on index rt.so for this do we need update in any one of views(to
get the results) can u tell me which view i ned to modify and how ?

3)small doubt:

i have a table like contacts with columns like:

id name age location
1  a       12   ap
2  b        13  ap
3  c        12  up

corresponding tag table like:
id name
1  xx
2  yy
3  zz

here my douts are
1)the tag name shoud be one of the parameter like name or age or place
or it should be the entry name of perticuler column?
here actaully i given tag name as fun and serious as tag names but we
did not mention any relation table contents of article ,even if i do
article.find_taggable_with('fun') it is giving the details of teble
entrys.i did not understand the logic here can u help in this?

thanks
Srikanth
2)suppose i want to find all people from place ap i want to search
,how can i do that?
3)how the taging table is updating with all the above columns in the
tagging table?

tagging table like:
id tid taggable_id taggable_type