Hi again - I've got a fully dynamic css setup which includes using a css
controller. That way you get the option of passing variables  to your css from
Rails, basically you can enable full programmatic control of your stylesheets.

What I've got is following:

dcss_controller.rb:

        class DcssController < ApplicationController
          def dstyle
             render :file => 'dcss/dstyle.css', :content_type => 'text/css'

routes.rb:

        match 'dcss/dstyle' => 'dcss#dstyle'

/app/views/dcss/dstyle.css.erb

        This file contains ruby code in <% %> and normal css code. You can
render your other stylesheets from here.

application.html.erb:

        <%= stylesheet_link_tag dcss_dstyle_url %>