On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM, ghilly <mleve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I misunderstood - I thought you could keep your mysql gem.  I  migrated
> to Postgres and made a few controller tweaks and it worked.

Just to be clear, for anyone else finding this thread -- you *don't* have
to "migrate to Postgres" locally to use Heroku. You can use any DB on
your dev machine, including MySQL, it doesn't matter. You don't need
to do anything about the 'mysql' reference in your Gemfile.

When you push your app to Heroku, it will be running on PostgreSQL
there, but unless you have DB-specific code in your app, it will be fine.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder