On Jan 13, 2:49 pm, "Mathew S." <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> This is what I get when I open up Aptana and make a new project:

If wasn't for the last 2 messages, the mention that you type this in
the Aptana shell and not a normal command prompt would have been
impossible to determine the issue.

Aptana uses a MSYS shell. RailsInstaller and the version of Ruby it
uses are native Windows executables.

I highly recommend YOU AVOID using the Aptana shell to run Rails or
the commands of Rails.

> Owner@OWNER-PC ~/My Documents/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/project
> $ rails new .
> sh: /c/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.2/bin/rails:
> C:/Projects/railsinstaller/stage/Ruby1.9.2/bin/ruby.exe: bad interpreter
> : No such file or directory

"Bad interpreter" is being caused by the Aptana shell (an MSYS version
of bash) is failing to create the child process ruby.exe

Most likely, because ruby.exe was installed in C:\RailsInstaller
\Ruby1.9.2\bin\ruby.exe but "rails" script is attempting to load C:
\Projects\railsinstaller\stage\Ruby1.9.2\bin\ruby.exe

That is due the shebang of the script "rails"

MSYS shell does not work with "rake.bat", the right script that will
fire properly Ruby.

If you still want to use Aptana, you will need to change the shebang
(google for what is it) to "#!/usr/bin/env ruby" (without quotes).
Also ensure gems are installed with --env-shebang

The other alternative is do:

ruby -S rails new foo

And replace all your commands "rails" by "ruby -S rails", that means
adding "ruby -S" at the beginning of all the command line commands.

--
Luis Lavena