On Jan 13, 3:39 pm, "Steven F." <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Where did you run "bundle install --path vendor/cache"?  On the
> development machine, or the server?

I ran the bundle install command on the server after deploying the
application.

> Has there been any progress with a work-around?

No.  Based on your other responses, I'm going to try running:

$ bundle config --path vendor/cache

on the server after deployment.  If this works, I'll play around with
changing deploy.rb to try to get capistrano to perform this action.

One big difference between our applications is I am still on Rails 3.0
and you appear to be on Rails 3.1.