On 20 January 2012 10:54, sachin kewale <sachinkew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 20 January 2012 10:20, sachin kewale <sachinkew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > hi all,
>> >   i have one issue after entering username and password on login popup
>> > and
>> > clicking login button the user is logged in but i have to refresh the
>> > url
>> >   i have check the log but nothing is there,i have set the session key
>> > and
>> > secret in 'session_store.rb',  i am running my local app on 127.0.0.1 ip
>> > on
>> > 3006 port
>>
>> Without showing us the relevant code we have no hope of helping.  We
>> have no idea of how you are handling login or what code is executed
>> when the login button is clicked.
>
> i am using ruby 1.8.7 and rails version 2.3.11 with ruby gem 1.6.2 i am
> setting the key and secret value in session_store.rb with following code
>
> ActionController::Base.session = {
>   :key         => '_myapp',
>   :secret      =>
> '071a1167c4870bfff95a61835288f9fa9eb158298e1c5623e8d7223fa7a68c9d485b4e27a8e705c2485631bfc28f48b895c486536c8f53856ce3480f0d9ea8b'
>   #:domain      => :all
> }
>
> from my controller i using validate_user method
>
> def    validate_user
> begin
> [snipped some very complex code that I am not even going to attempt to
> understand]

I think you had better have a look at the Rails Guide on Debugging.
That will show you how to use ruby-debug to break into your code to
inspect data and follow the flow.  Then you should be able to work out
what is going wrong.

I would also say that code looks incredibly complex and should be
refactored to make it simpler.  Personally I would not even attempt to
debug code as complex as this, but would refactor it into simpler
chunks first, there is a good chance it will then work.  Sending email
and rendering inside a method called validate_user, for example, is
ridiculous (IMHO).

Colin