On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 00:46, Don <don.leat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've run in to a strange situation where it would be great if there were a
> way to use " redirect_to :back " to skip back over the previous page and go
> to the previous, previous page ( :back X 2.)  Any one have any ideas how to
> do this?  I think I might end up trying to use the session some how, but
> want to avoid implementing my own system if possible.

How are you currently paginating?  Some of the existing pagination
gems might (I haven't looked) have features to provide individual
links to the next and previous *few* pages, maybe even adjustable.
For instance, if you're on page 7 out of 24, it might provide not only
arrows to 6 and 8, but numeric links to 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 (and
possibly arrow and/or numeric links to 1 and 24).

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, Available Cleared Ruby on Rails Freelancer
(NoVa/DC/Remote); details @ http://www.DaveAronson.com/.