Rails 3.1.3

This is again a very basic question.

Suppose I have implemented

$ rails generate scaffold script video:references text:string

it generated

20120128103756_create_scripts.rb

But I want to change this model, so instead of redoing it like "rails
destroy .... -> rails generate scaffold...", all I need to do is to edit
the migration file above?
Or do I need to reproduce ANOTHER migration file like above and add

t.remove :text

???

I am a little confused because the migration file above has the
time-stamp, which indicates the time of execution (rake db:migrate).
So, does that mean the file above is useless unless I want to rollback?