On 1 February 2012 11:07, amvis <vgrkrish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Colin  simply i am saying here the truncate means, remove all the rows. so
> after the truncate, it should start from id 1.
>  But now the default id start from the next to old one( that means

Yes, that is the way it works.   If you want anything different I
think you will have to put a column in the database (sequence for
example) and manage it yourself.  Though I think it may be possible to
override the numbering system but I would not recommend it.

Did you not understand my request about top posting?

Colin

--
gplus.to/clanlaw