I had Installed Bundler and when I executed it tells me this:

ERRRO: Gem bundler is not installed, run `gem install bundler` first.

After that I renamed just Gemfile.lock and next I removed it.
I didn't install again bundler because I had it, then just execute
bundle or bundle install, as you like, and it worked well for me.

I can't tell you more if I have no logs.

By the way I had this problem after clone a project from github, because
the Gemfile.lock was uploaded to the project repository.

¡Saludos!