On 4 February 2012 21:58, Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Richard l. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> apologies for the ancient font tags, but every one has to start
>> somewhere
>
> Uh, "start" by using markup that was deprecated 13 years ago? Why?
>
> I'm guessing you're not using a 13-year-old version of Ruby, or the
> original release of Rails, and you're almost certainly not looking at
> web pages in Mosaic or Netscape 1.0, so that logic escapes me...

I can sympathise with Richard here, when one is getting started the
easiest thing to do is start by copying examples found in books and on
the web.  There are very many examples of inline styling still about
and if one is not familiar with css then the easiest thing to do is
just to copy the example initially.  If one is just experimenting with
code there is no point going to the efforts of converting it to use
css when it may just be thrown away anyway.

Colin