On 6 February 2012 11:50, Srimanta Chakraborty <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am a new guy in Ruby on rails. Basically I am a PHP Developer and
> xampp server have already installed in my windows pc.Also to learn Ruby
> on Rails,I have installed ruby1.9.2p180, rails 3.2.1, gem 1.8.15 and
> JetBrains RubyMine 3.1.1 . Now when I have written small code in
> RubyMine IDE and run, those have successfully run.so still no headache.
>   But trying to deploy in the server, I am confused. By the way, I have
> apache server and mysql server which is already installed during the
> installation of xampp server.
>   Now please guide me how to proceed....

Let me first apologise as you may think this reply is not what you
want, but I think that your best way of proceeding is not to deploy on
Windows at all.  Much better to go for a Linux based server such as
Ubuntu.  You will certainly find it much easier to get help in that
case.

Most would also say that it is easier to develop in a linux or Mac
environment also.

Colin

gplus.to/clanlaw