On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Below I show a log of `bundle install`, `rvm gemset empty` and `bundle
> > install`
>
> After the empty I had to "gem install bundler" before "bundle install"
> as it took that out too.  Otherwise exactly as you show.

That's because I installed the "bundler" gem in my "global" gemset (IIRC).
So, when I create a new gemset, the new gemset automatically has
2 gems it reuses from that global gemset. It's a neat trick :-)

peterv@ASUS:~$ rvm gemset use global
Using /home/peterv/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0 with gemset global

peterv@ASUS:~$ gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bundler (1.0.21)
rake (0.9.2.2)

peterv@ASUS:~$ rvm gemset create new_gemset
'new_gemset' gemset created (/home/peterv/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@new_gemset
).

peterv@ASUS:~$ rvm gemset use new_gemset
Using /home/peterv/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0 with gemset new_gemset

peterv@ASUS:~$ gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bundler (1.0.21)
rake (0.9.2.2)