Rails 3.1.3

I have a model, 'Script' like

class Script < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :video
  has_many :users

  validates :startp,
  :presence => true,
  :uniqueness => true,   #HERE!!!!
  :numericality => { :only_integer => true, :less_than => 1000}

  validates :script,
  :presence => true
end

As seen, 'script' has a field 'startp' which is unique.  So when users
try to save a 'script' having the 'startp' which is identical with that
of another 'script', the 'save' action fails.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Then, I would like to set up the action upon the failure as follows

  def create
    @script = Script.new(params[:script])

    respond_to do |format|
      if @script.save
        format.json { render json: @script, status: :created, location:
@script }
      else
        format.html { redirect_to @script }  #HERE!!!!
#        format.json { render json: @script.errors, status:
:unprocessable_entity }

hoping that it will redirect to 'script' page. But it doesnt.

Could anyone point out where I am mistaken?

Thanks in advance.

soichi