Rails 3.1.3

I am not sure Rails can do what I want to do.

I have a form for update like,

  <%= form_for script, :remote => true do |f| %>
    <%= f.hidden_field :video_id %>
        <%= f.text_field :startp, :readonly => true %>
        <%= f.text_field :text  %>
        <%= f.submit "update"  %>
  <% end %>

then, JavaScript (jQuery) inserts a value for 'startp' and for 'text' in
to the 'text_field' .
Of course, this set of values is already stored in DB.  I want to update
it after editing it.

This form gives an error

  undefined method `model_name' for NilClass:Class

whose I assume the cause is the nil object 'Script'.  The object is not
properly passed.

I try to render this form like following.

    <%= render :partial => "update_script",:locals => { :script =>
Script.find_by_startp(params[:startp])} %>

Since 'startp' is readonly and users should be able to edit only 'text',
I hoped to associate the 'text' with 'startp' rather than 'id' of
'script'.

Is there anyway to pass the obejct?

It is very difficult to explain the situation.  But if someone can guess
the problem and have some suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Thanks .

soichi