Hey there,

I just started R(oR) 2 days ago and still figuring out quite some stuff.
I kinda understand the scaffolding and associating between models.

However, as a next step i'm trying to make a category list and add some
posts under a pre-fab out of database category. I managed to save a post
with a cat_id manually via the rails console. However i can't seem to
read them out on my screen as such. I want Postname -> Catname instead
of Postname -> cat_id.

And with that, i'd like to get a dropdown/select input on my Post-adding
page with the categories and their ID's in it.

I tried out some tutorials(Like the "Getting started with" on the
rubyonrails.org website. They speak about tags there, but i can't figure
out how to automate it by getting the names from a different DB table)

Thanks in advance, hope my question makes sense :)

Greets,