Quoting Dev Guy <devguy...@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Jeffrey L. Taylor <r...@abluz.dyndns.org>
> wrote:
> > On the development version of my Web app, the clickable area of some anchors
> > is the text area and the padding (margin and border are both zero).  On the
> > production version, only the padding is clickable.  Any hints on how to
> > track
> > down the difference that makes a difference would be appreciated.

[snip]

> With firefox you could use firebug to discover how these properties
> are getting set.

The style and layout as reported by Firebug are identical.  The HTML, at least
right around the problematic section is identical.  And the problem is not
perfectly reproducible.   Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.  Firefox was
not restarted between non-working and working sessions.  Sigh.

Jeffrey