I am attempting to use scaffolding to create a simple foreign key
example.  But I am not quite understanding how rails writes data into
the foreign table.  When the "belongs_to" and "has_many" lines are
added into model, will rails automatically add the information into
the foreign table?  Or do I have to modify the controller to insert
the data into the foreign table?  Could someone give me an example.  I
would like the data in the foreign table not to repeat itself.

The sample tables I am attempting to work with are Parts and
Revisions.  Where each revision has_many parts and each part
belongs_to revision.

Thanks for any Help!!!

Lewis