That's what exactly I am trying to explain and think the issue is. You have
convention on how to configure something where you should had convention to
avoid configuration (at least when still in the beginning of your
development process).
So let me describe what imho is proper convention over configuration in
this case.
If I have a rb file in my controllers folder with is named *_controller,
for example foo_controller,
then every method prefixed with action_* like action_bar is accessible
through foo/bar.
This way I have a convention to avoid configuration in the first steps of
my development. Then I can use routes.rb to change and configure.