I dont have too much experience with Apache, but I think this happens
because Apache will serve the application on the
blogapp.mytvsxbass.comdomain. If this is the case, you could add a
mapping for the domain and ip
in your /etc/hosts and it should work. You could also tell apache to serve
on the ip, but I cant advise you on how to do that.

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Ajit Teli <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Aziz Bookwala wrote in post #1059404:
> > Hey Ajit
> >
> > This seems like a simple enough thing to do. Have you looked around at
> > what
> > you need to do? Are there any specific problems you are facing?
> >
> > On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Ajit Teli <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  Ajit
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
> >>

> > --
> > - Aziz M. Bookwala
>
> Hi Aziz,
> Thanks for your reply.
>   My Apache virtual-host file looks as below:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName blogapp.mytvsxbass.com
> DocumentRoot /home/ajit/PROJECTS/mytvs/xbass/public
> RailsEnv development
> <Directory /home/ajit/PROJECTS/mytvs/xbass/public/>
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
>    Options FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
>  </Directory>
> XSendFile On
> XSendFilePath "/home/ajit/PROJECTS/mytvs/xbass/"
> </VirtualHost>
> I am able to run this app in my system using the url
> "http://blogapp.mytvsxbass.com/users/login";. But I would like to open
> this application on another machine with url
> "http://192.168.3.57/users/login";. The error I am getting in the browser
> is:
>  Not Found
> The requested URL /users/login was not found on this server.
> Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.3.57 Port 80

- Aziz M. Bookwala