Hi Gustavo

Coincidentally, I was recently doing something similar. Older versions of
rails used to evaluate my previous solution using " | " to an
ActiveRelation. When this stopped I dont know, or maybe I am just mistaken.
In any case, I finally settled on using the squeel
gem<https://github.com/ernie/squeel>,
the arel docs, I agree are quite horrible.

There are examples on 'OR' queries with squeel on the github readme.