Hi guys,

I'm starting to write tests and I writing a functional test for my 'create'
action.

So, basically I have the following test:

  describe '#create' do

    @attributes = { title: 'New post', description: 'Please add some text
here', location: 'Anywhere' }

    context 'when logged in' do
      login_user
      before { post :create, @attributes }

      it 'should create a new post' do
        post = mock(Post, @attributes)
        assigns(:post).should_not be_nil
        Post.should_receive(:save).and_return(post)
        response.should redirect_to successful_submitted_posts_path
      end
      it 'should NOT create a new post' do

    context 'when NOT logged in' do
      before { post :create, @attributes }
      it { response.should_not be_successful }
      it { response.should redirect_to new_user_session_path }

But it's failing and I don't get understand why.

1) PostsController#create when logged in should create a new post
     Failure/Error: post = mock(Post, @attributes)
     ArgumentError:
       wrong number of arguments (3 for 2)
     # ./spec/controllers/posts_controller_spec.rb:40:in `block (4 levels)
in <top (required)>'

Finished in 0.77996 seconds
6 examples, 1 failure

why mock method expects 3 arguments? what they should be?

I have read on some blogs this kind of syntax.

mock(Object, hash)

And this is my controller:

# encoding: utf-8
class PostsController < ApplicationController
  load_and_authorize_resource
  before_filter :authenticate_user!
  respond_to :html

  def new
    @post = Post.new
  end

  def create
    @post = current_user.posts.build(params[:post])
    if @post.save
      redirect_to successful_submitted_posts_path
    else
      render :new

  def successful_submitted; end
end