Hi
   * *I think this is my 4 or 5th post about the ajax issues with my rails
code. But i couldn't rectify my issues sofar.
problem is,

In my pages.html.erb have  one text field and button. when i click on that
button, the text field value will get into the controller through ajax,so
after the function  i need to  get that value(textfield value) in same
page.

*page.html.erb*

<%= form_tag({:controller => 'bpages',:action => 'add' }, {:method =>
:post}) do %>

    <%= text_field_tag('Bnum' ,nil, :id => "bnum") %>
    <%= submit_tag "Add", :id => "addbtn", :class => "*addsubmit* btn
btn-large btn-success" %>
<%end%>
<strong><%= *@number*%></strong> added

Here is my ajax part

*header.js*
*
*
$(".*addsubmit*").click(function() {
var bnum = $("#bnum").val();
var dataString = 'bnumber='+ bnum;

if(bnum=='' )
{
$('.adderror').fadeIn(300).show();
$('.adderror').fadeOut(3000);
}
else
{

$.ajax({
type: "POST",
url: "http://localhost:3000/bpages/add";,
data: dataString,
success: function(){

$('.adddtl').fadeIn(200).show();
$(".adddtl").fadeOut(3000);
}

});

}
return false;
});

*Controller*

class *BpagesController* < ApplicationController

   def add
     *@number* = params[:bnumber]
     *render 'bpages/page'*

After the function *add* i need to display the value of  variable *@number *in
the* page.html.erb, *for that here i use the* render 'bpages/page'*. But i
didn't that variable.
or any other way to do this..?plz give one solution

Thanks
vishnu
*
*