People,

Most of my Rails apps are using Ruby v1.8.7 but I need to start using Ruby v1.9.3 for one app in particular and to start learning Rails 3.2. It seems if I could install Ruby v1.9.3 side by side with v1.8.7 on my Fedora 16 x86_64 server, I should be able to have something like this:

  "RUBY_VERSION = 1.9.3"

in an app's config/environment.rb file and everything would "just work" ?

I have messed around with RVM in the past trying to get system-wide installs to work with both Ruby versions but just got into trouble and was only ever able to get one version of Ruby working at once with Apache.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil.
--