Hey,

I know this is a few months old, but I ran into the same issue and have a
(pretty hacky) solution. I put this into my `config/application.rb` in
order to have access to the session in my log_tags:

    config.middleware.delete(ActionDispatch::Cookies)
    config.middleware.delete(ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore)
    config.middleware.insert_before(Rails::Rack::Logger,
ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore)
    config.middleware.insert_before(ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore,
ActionDispatch::Cookies)

    # Now this works:
    config.log_tags = [:uuid, proc { |request| request.session[:user_name]
|| 'Anonymous' }]

Hope this helps somebody else down the track.

Cheers,
Bo