On 3 July 2012 14:59, Clint326 <clint.laskow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a relative n00b when it comes to Rails. I've gone through Michael
> Hartl's tutorials (both editions, books and screencasts) and I can build a
> basic CRUD web app without help. However, for a personal project I'm working
> on, I'm lost as to how to move forward. Here's the situation ...
>
> I have a model called Project with two fields, name:string and due:date.
> Project is associated (has_many) with a model called Task (with rows
> back to Project with belongs_to. All this works fine.
>
> What I'd really like to be able to do is click on a particular project on
> the Project#index page and be taken to a page that lets me enter as many
> tasks as I need ... not just one at a time. I'm wondering how I can do this?
> Do I need to use AJAX or one of the popular JS frameworks?
>
> Can anyone point me to an example of how to do this?

These railscast [1] and [2] show how to do what I think you want,
however they are a bit out of date now.  I see there are revised
episodes but to get that you have to pay :(
Start by looking at those to get the basic idea.

Does anyone know of more up to date examples?

Colin

[1] http://railscasts.com/episodes/196-nested-model-form-part-1
[2] http://railscasts.com/episodes/197-nested-model-form-part-2