Hi thil,

That worth-fully project is a great idea and I'm really trying to find
something to do
and I'll also be happy to participate on a project too!

if you wanna start on TDD and BDD in general and you meant
language&framework-agnostic, for TDD
I suggest you to read this great excerpt of James Shore Art of Agile book
on TDD which can be found here ->
http://jamesshore.com/Agile-Book/test_driven_development.html
for the idea and the concept and also you can read about enormous benefits
of TDD from this post by
Uncle Bob -> http://butunclebob.com/ArticleS.UncleBob.TheThreeRulesOfTdd and
these are good starting
points about the idea of TDD and its benefits and also you can read this
wonderful book by Kent Beck called
TDD by Example (I recommend you try to write those codes in that book
yourself and not just reading them
and move between the test and production code in short cycles etc.)

for TDD in rails in the Ruby on Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl he develops
the whole application using TDD
approach with RSpec.

For BDD you can search and find tons of articles by Dan North, Liz Keogh,
Matt Wynne on this idea in general.
also the Rails in Action book by Ryan Bigg & Yehuda Katz use this approach
for developing the application in it
using cucumber and RSpec. and you also can find great ideas in "The RSpec
Book" about BDD in general and also
specific to rails. and for a good introduction and checking the surface of
this whole thing you can
watch this nice screencast by Ryan Bates about beginning with cucumber in
rails -> http://railscasts.com/episodes/155-beginning-with-cucumber

Hope that helps.
Good Luck

Best Regards