On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM, James Harris <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> In the console doing contact = Contact.find(1) finds my contact and the
> contact.company.company_name returned the correct company name.
>
> Having contact.company.company_name in the index.html file returns an
> error:
>
> undefined method `company_name' for nil:NilClass

Unstated assumption: in your "index" page you're doing something like

<% @contacts.each |contact| do %>
   <%= contact.company.company_name %>
<% end %>

If not, no, of course not, "contact" isn't defined. Cargo-culting example
code into your project isn't going to help; you need to think about what
it's intended to do.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder