Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1074525:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Dave Castellano <li...@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am placing an undefined method after file.write("Hello").  Crashes the
>> program and leaves the file so I can open it - its empty...
>
> Interesting programming style :-)
>
> Personally, I'd close the file so it gets written to disk, and then look
> at it. FWIW.
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
> http://about.me/hassanschroeder
> twitter: @hassan

Yes,  I'm learning to program on my own...  I don't believe anyone would
pay for my work :-)

Thanks, you were right - it is writing to the file and I can see it
after closing.
Can I follow with one last question...

I have written a method, saved it in a table, and this is what I am
writing to the temp file. Can I require the file and then call the
method (getting the returned arguments)  from the temp file as it is
saved as a .rb file?  eg...

def format_q_gen
      file = Tempfile.new([generator_file_name, ".rb"],
"./lib/generators")
      file.write(question)
      returned_question = generator_file_name  # Calls the method in the
tempfile
      formatted = {
        question: q["question_1"],
        correct_answer_letter: "a"